Review: The Face Shop Hydro Vita C Gel Mask

Hey ho╭(๑¯д¯๑)╮ It's been a while hasn't it.

Actually just one very long week...which is the reason for the shorter length of today's review.



The Face Shop Hydro Vita C Gel Mask Sheet: Blood Orange Extract 
I wish I had taken a picture of the mask type chart from The Face Shop in Houston because now I can't remember the exact reason for buying this.【・ヘ・?】However there is a description.
For people who found the existing hydro-gel mask too expensive. It contains a high concentration of cranberry extract and vitamin E derivatives which makes skin more elastic by providing skin with the necessary nutrients. - The Face Shop NA Website 


From the back:
  • A clarifying hydro-gel mask that provides full hydration to skin.
Directions
  1. Wash face and apply toner. 
  2. Pull out the masks, and remove the film on both sides.
  3. Carefully place on the face.
  4. Remove after 15-20 minutes. 

The mask itself stands out a lot. It's split into two pieces so it's easier fitting itself onto your features. However, I had a hard time sliding the mask around because I didn't want to tear it. Each piece was placed between at least 2 plastic films, making easy to unfold the mask, but not really great for the brand image. 


The gel had an immediate cooling effect on my face when I put it on. It has a very light fresh smell to it. I would label it one of the most 'natural' feeling masks I've ever used.
Afterwards, my skin looked plump and moisturized. I did get lines on my face from the texture though. 。゚(TヮT)゚。 I can't stand the feeling of most essences on my face so I rubbed it with damp hands. 

Price: Around $2. Not a bad price, but it's probably cheaper in Korea. 

Packaging: Everything was well thought out and I appreciated the innovative design of the split mask. 
The package is natural but still clean and modern to fit in with The Face Shop's aesthetics. 

Effectiveness: Indeed hydrates the skin my skin still feels bouncy hours afterward. 

Cons: Again, I don't like how thick the leftover essence felt and how hard it was to adjust the mask. 


Overall: 8.5/10
Not a perfect mask, but still great nonetheless. It's converted me from sheet masks to gel ones. I'll probably repurchase in different fruit types. (◡‿◡✿)

No comments:

Post a Comment