Review: Taobao Haul No. 01

Hello! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Over the long weekend I've had finally time to focus on some blog-related stuff. This entry has been in production for a while and I'm really happy to have it done. Since I'm planning more reviews that aren't cosmetics-related, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as my usual posts. (◕‿◕✿) Beware, it is picture-heavy. 

My first Taobao order and the usual collage one makes with it.  

Taobao is like a Chinese Amazon or Ebay, though the items you'll find on there are usually much cheaper than on either. Many stores that sell Asian fashion online actually get their stock from Taobao though they charge a much more exuberant price. However, if you are only ordering one or two things, it's better to get them on Ebay or something similar due to the shipping and SS fees. Taobao operates in Yuan (I like to keep in mind 30 Yuan is roughly $5) and unless you live in China and have an have Chinese bank account, or know someone who does, you'll have to go through a shopping service/agent. There's a lot out there and a small selection of them are Taobaoring, Taobaospree, TaobaoTrends, Bhiner, Yoybuy, and Pruany. 

I used Taobaoring, which utilizes a shopping cart system. Their website is very easy to use and everything is self-explanatory once you get there. I made my order March 23 and since TBR is notoriously slow unless you sent them an urgent e-mail, I did so because there was only Maomaohome one dress left in stock (though I lost a mori blouse along the way ;;). James replied on March 24 and I paid $252.19 for the order then.  Things arrived at their office on April 2. I was upset because the shipping turned out to $99.62 for 5.7kg. I wanted to use SAL but they announced on March 27 that they wouldn't be using that due to the US customs cracking down on shipments, so I was stuck with Singapore EMS. It was a futile attempt to e-mail them and since I didn't know when customs would calm down, I sent the second payment on April 7. TBR shipped my order April 10, it got stuck in foreign customs for a bit, and arrived April 22. 

Here is the box and how it looked just unpacked: 


This is it laying on its side, because I couldn't cut it from the top. It wasn't excessively bubble wrapped and everything was tightly and well packed. 
Shoes packed individually by Taobaoring

The accessories and an extra insole
Now I'll be reviewing the items by store (please refer to the first image) on how it compared to the stock photo and its quality. I kept to simple stars, unless I had a comment/complaint.



Similarity: 
Quality: 


Similarity: 
Quality: 

This is my favorite blouse from the order! I would purchase it again in different colors.




Similarity:
Quality: 

It's blue, not cream.


Similarity:
Quality: 

Also looks cream in the stock, but it's more of a light peach. Either way, it's beautiful.


Similarity: 
Quality: 

1/2 of my favorite shoes from the order! Super comfy too. 


Similarity: 
Quality: 



Similarity:
Quality: 


Similarity: 
Quality: 

Darker than the stock, not a big deal.




Similarity: 
Quality: 



Similarity: 
Quality: 



Similarity: 
Quality: ☆☆

Pretty, but the underside is coming off. It's not secure and the lace comes off a bit every time I try to wear it. Easily fixable though. 

Similarity: 
Quality: 



Similarity: 
Quality: 

So gorgeous and cheap I had to buy two ;; Kinda flimsy though. 


Similarity: 
Quality: ☆☆

I like it a lot, but they really squeeze my head. ;; The area around my ears hurt after wearing them, and as you can see in the photo, the metal ear became unattached. It could be easily fixed with hot glue but still. 


Similarity: 
Quality: 

No rating because they gave this to me for free.


Similarity: 
Quality: 

The fabric is thicker than I expected so it would be better for autumn/winter. 


Similarity: 
Quality: 

Slightly darker than the stock, not a big deal though. 




Similarity: ☆☆☆
Quality: ☆☆☆

My least favorite item from the order, I'm really disappointed. The model is around my height but this comes down to my thighs. There's way too much sparkle in the fabric, it feels cheap, and the fit is weird.



Similarity: 
Quality: 

It's turquoise as in the stock photo but the fabric's a bit thin. 



Similarity: 
Quality: 

I like these a lot too, though I tried them on without the orange insoles and lining came off.


Similarity: 
Quality: ☆☆

These were ok but after wearing them for a bit, it pinched the back of my right foot so bad it started to bleed.



Similarity: 
Quality: 

2/2 of my favorite shoes from the order~ Heads up, I bought size 35 instead of 36 because I heard they ran big from the other reviews, and these are still kind of loose. I would buy these in black too.



Similarity: 
Quality: 

Lighter than they look, also more blue than the stock. Straps are flimsy, some thread is coming off them. 


Similarity: 
Quality: 

Overall, I'm really satisfied with my order! The two stores that are already included in my next order are  are Litongxue and Forestgirlfans. MDHJ and Huawenzi are a maybe (since I would like those pale pink heels in black), and I've already bought all I wanted from Sevibaby and Colorfulshoes. Though Maomaohome is just fine, I like to explore other shops and it didn't impress me like the first two. 

I won't be using Taobaoring again, however. Yes, I'm still mad about $100, but I've heard they're still just as slow processing orders unless you, again, wail about it being urgent. I'll either pick Taobaospree, which no one's ever had a problem with, or Taobaotrends, due to the lower SS fees. 

Since I've made descriptions of the items short, feel free to ask any questions about them or about Taobao in general. I've also bookmarked lots of stores for those who interested in different fashions. To those who have used Taobao before, what was your experience and do you have any shops to recommend? °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

1 comment:

  1. That's a huge haul! And sadly my phone Internet won't load the rest of the pictures but I've seen what you ordered on the first picture and the shoes are so pretty, esp the orange ones and I love the clothes too. But $252+99? That's a lot for first order, Penelope xD I've always wanted to order but got worried with the shipping and service charge lol but thank you for this review I will look up the agent you used :D

    ReplyDelete